Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Time to Walk the Walk

One of my husband's favorite sayings is "You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?" Tomorrow is October 1. I've been writing this blog for a month. I have "dabbled" in my weight loss efforts. I've been to Weight Watchers twice (should have been 4 times by now) and I have been to the gym once (should have been 20 times by now). Maybe I am being a little hard on myself but the bottom line is this - if I want results then I have to put in the time!

I was studying with my 8 year old this evening. We were reviewing vocabulary words for one of her tests tomorrow. One of the words was Consequence. She immediately defined it in negative terms. "If I misbehave, the consequence will be a punishment". Yes, that works, but I wanted her to understand that consequences also occur in a positive situation. "A consequence of studying for this test tonight is a good grade tomorrow." Of course, it got me thinking about what I have been doing or not doing. I have been watching my intake and I have been trying to "live" while managing my weight. However, if I really want to lose then I really must get serious. I haven't journaled in a couple of days. This doesn't mean I can't eat my chocolate - I just have to write it down (Bite it Write it). I need to be more accountable. I also need to get serious about my workouts. Taking walks with friends is wonderful. Playing doubles tennis a couple of times a week is also great. But if I really want to lose the fat and start toning up then I must get in some real cardio and strength training.

So I am going to literally start "walking the walk". Tomorrow if you want to find me, I will be at xSport at 9:30am 'walking the walk' on an elliptical (cardio), followed by a Yoga class at 10:30 in studio 3 (strength training). After that I will go to Weight Watchers for a weigh in to see where I am in terms of weight.

It is time to get down to business!

1 comment:

  1. YOU GO GIRL! DON'T MAKE IT SO HARD FOR YOURSELF. THINKING ABOUT THE WEIGHT LOSS, WORRYING ABOUT IT 24/7 IS VERY DETRIMENTAL. JUST LIVE. MAKE GOOD CHOICES, EXERCISE WHEN YOU CAN FOR YOUR HEALTH, STAY AWAY FROM THE SCALE, EATING OUT AND GETTING TAKE-OUT AND JUST GO BY YOUR CLOTHES AND HOW THEY FEEL. COOK MORE, GET CREATIVE WITH THE PRESENTATION OF YOUR FOOD SINCE WE ALL EAT WITH OUR EYES AND SMILE. OH, ANOTHER TIP: THE MORE SEX THE BETTER, FOR THE SOUL, FOR THE MARRIAGE, FOR THE WEIGHT LOSS, FOR THE MOOD, FOR THE SKIN, FOR THE HAIR, OH THE CONSEQUENCES OF IT ARE ENDLESS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete