Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Birthday Thanks

Hi to all my readers! Thanks for all of the comments. I read them and read them and take everything in! I appreciate all of your tips and I certainly get a good belly laugh from some of them as well! I had a great Birthday thanks to many of you and especially to a wonderful husband and two beautiful children here at home.

I've wanted to share some recipes in this blog and I figured that this is as good of a time as any to start! Yesterday, I made a diet soda cake that is so delicious and very low in calories. It is one of my favorites (obviously since I made it for my own birthday). Eventually, I do want to design a webpage for this blog and I envision having a recipe section included. Here is my first. Believe me - try this - it is really delicious and of course, please comment!

Diet Soda Cake:

1 box of cake mix (any favorite flavor)
1 can of a complementary flavored diet soda
1 egg
Fresh strawberries or bananas (optional)
Fat free Cool Whip or Reddi Wip (optional)

Mix first three ingredients together (cake mix, soda and egg). Pour in a cake pan of your choice. Bake as directed on the box. Serve with fresh fruit on the side and fat free topping. Here are some good combinations: Vanilla cake mix and diet cream soda, chocolate cake mix and diet black cherry soda, vanilla cake mix and diet orange soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment