Thursday, October 1, 2009

May I have the envelope . . . . . . . Please!!

I walked the walk today and it felt good!!!


Here is my latest trick! I recently found out that I could download movies onto my iPod Nano (way too cool). I downloaded one of my favorite movies "The Devil Wears Prada". I LOVE Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. What a great movie to work out to! The music is awesome and watching all of those "beautiful people" dressed in those fabulous clothes is just very inspiring. I also think that some of the best scenes and lines are in that movie. For example . .



Stanley Tucci: " . . you do know that cellulite is one of the main ingredients in corn chowder . ."

Anne Hathaway: "I'm a (size) 6"
Stanley Tucci: "which is the new 14"

Emily Blunt: (after Anne Hathaway tells her how thin she looks) "Well, I'm on this new diet, it's very effective. I don't eat anything and when I feel like I'm about to faint, I eat a cube of cheese . . . I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight."


I was on the elliptical for 35 minutes today and the only reason I got off was to go to my Yoga class. The time FLEW because I was enjoying the movie so much! I know that a lot of gyms (including mine) have TVs on the machines but honestly, there is nothing good to watch at 9am!


Yoga was awesome! I used to "practice" about twice a week. I haven't done any yoga for at least 4 months. It was amazing to me how much my body changed in that period of time. Not only had I lost a lot of flexibility but I was uncomfortable in my own skin. I really felt the extra weight I had gained. Of course, the yoga studio has mirrors everywhere so to add insult to injury, I had to watch myself struggle through those poses. It was a major reality check!


After yoga I did treat myself to the steam room (Yes! A NON FOOD REWARD). I showered, dressed and set out for Weight Watchers.

Since weighing in on September 8th, I have lost 5 pounds. Now remember, I have a lot of weight to lose so 5 pounds in 3 weeks is very reasonable. I haven't been exercising and I've been delving into a lot of "gray" areas where food is concerned. Honestly, I am very satisfied with my results. I will start to attend my regular Monday meetings and I will start going to the gym on a more regular basis.

Being back on track just felt way too good today! By the way - where can I get a pair of those Chanel Boots?


5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 5 lbs. Christina, that's awesome! Wish I could do that. I took a spin class today for the first time in over 5 years-I'm hooked. I actually lasted the whole class too! I don't think I'm going to be able to walk tomorrow though, I got off the bike and my legs felt like lead, very heavy and couldn't walk at all!!! I like the idea of downloading a movie! I usually watch the Food Network, NOT GOOD, makes me hungry! Have a great weekend!
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go sister on the 5 pounds! Keep up the good work- you should inspire us all to get back to the gym!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for losing the weight and for telling your story in such an honest light. I hate mirrors in the gym-especially when you are surrounded by skinny coordinated people that makes everything look just so easy as I am struggling to not fall on my ass on the treadmill which is set at like a measly 4.0!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratualtions on the 5 lbs! SMcD

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a triumph! Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete