Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 1

Today is September 1 - a first for many things. How many times do we begin a new?? Usually we start new things on January 1 but I am an "at home Mom" so my "New Year" coincides with the beginning of school. This year school begins way too late for me so I will begin on September 1.

I am a 46 year old woman who has struggled with my weight all of my life. Many times I have been very successful at losing a lot of weight . . . I mean A LOT OF WEIGHT! Once, after the birth of my daughter, I lost 126 pounds . . . 126 POUNDS - that is a person!! At that time, I used to measure my weight loss by my children ("I've lost one child" . . . "I've lost two children"). I even got to the point where I lost a sister-in-law!!! Unfortunately, I have been just as successful at gaining the weight back which is why I have begun this blog!

So, here is the bottom line - I'm doing this blog as a way to incentivize myself to lose weight because that is really what I want to do. It is not a "how to" blog because there are so many of those out there - blogs, websites, programs - and the truth is (here is the secret so pay attention) in order to lose weight you have to (here it comes . . . are you ready??) . . . eat less and move more! That's it! Anyone can do it!!! Right? RIGHT!!!! RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

So this blog is about me - a food addict. I don't eat because I am hungry. I eat for so many other reasons; I am bored, I am upset, I am happy, I am angry, I am depressed, I am celebrating, I am giving love, I am getting love, I am entertaining . . . get the point?

I want to shed some light on the reasons why I eat. Maybe by doing this I will realize how STUPID I am. Maybe I can "stop the insanity" - remember that chick on TV?? If you go on this journey with me you will definitely get some laughs and maybe, if you have a food problem "Hi, my name is Christina and I am a food addict" you might find your own way out of this bag of chips.

OK - so here we go and I hope we have a good time on this ride - remember, it is all in the journey!

3 comments: