Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekends and Weigh-Ins

Oh no! It is Sunday night and I did the unthinkable!!! I ate Chinese Food the night before a weigh-in. What was I thinking?


Actually, the whole day was a slippery slope. We planned to spend the day in NYC to visit family. We were running late this morning and I didn’t have time to eat breakfast so I stopped by Dunkin’ Donuts for one of those egg white flat bread sandwiches which, I thought was a good choice. Not that it was a bad choice but I was a bit surprised to find out that the sandwich was 330 calories with 12 grams of fat for a whopping 7 points. That is high for breakfast. OK, so moving on.


We go into the City and my niece wants to go to Build-a-Bear. So we go running uptown with my “Sista”, my niece and my daughter. Of course we have a great time but now I’m starting to feel hungry. We head back downtown and fix lunch for the kids. My Sista and I decide to go out for a leisurely lunch ourselves with my son. We leave the girls home with the nanny and my young nephew. We go to a great restaurant and split an asian style salad which was delicious. Unfortunately this “salad” had about two lettuce leaves in it. We also pick on my son’s lunch; he ordered an unbelievably delicious rack of ribs. OK, so I reason that I will just be too full for dinner so I can manage the damage. As we start walking back to my Sista’s apartment my cell rings. It is my hubby (who is back home), asking what’s for dinner and if I could bring home some Chinese food from the City. No problem honey . . . .


I’m sure you can guess the rest. We finally get home after hitting a decent amount of traffic. My hubby and the kids sit down for dinner and I join them just for some soup . . . oh the sesame chicken looks good, I’ll just try some . . . Ooooo, I haven’t had cold noodles in a long time . . . just a spoonful of fried rice. Never mind that I over-ate (at least I think I have because I haven’t been tracking my BLTs - Bites, Licks and Tastes), but do you know how much water I am going to retain from all of the sodium and MSG in that food???? AHHH!!!!


So what to do?? Tonight I will drink A LOT of water to flush out all of the salt. Tomorrow I will take a Zumba class in the morning before my weigh-in. Hopefully I will sweat out the water and toxins I’ve accumulated today. I hope I haven’t done too much damage!!


AHH!!! Weekends!!!


1 comment:

  1. Noreen from You Bring Me JoySeptember 28, 2010 at 2:59 PM

    Hey I came back to hear about the Monday weigh in. Looking forward to seeing you one of these days at one of my events!!! Keep that MOJO.....it is about progress not perfection

    ReplyDelete