Monday, September 20, 2010

No No Song by Ringo Star

If you are old enough, you may remember this song. It is one of my favorites and it was sung by Ringo Starr:



Obviously, the song is all about addiction; drug and alcohol. If I were singing this song, it would go something like this:

A man I know just came from upstate New York
He smiled because I did not understand
Then he held out a bag of apple cider donuts
He said they were the best in the Northeast

Yesterday, we went on our annual apple picking trip. Each year we brave the traffic and drive about 2 hours north to pay a fair price to pick our own apples. By the time we get there, we are all hungry from the long drive. We stop into the Farm Shop which sells all sorts of goodies (baked pies, fudge, candy, apple cider, apples) including my favorite - Apple Cider Donuts.



Just looking at this photo makes my mouth water. Since they are big sellers, very often, we have waited for a fresh batch to purchase. The donuts are always warm, light, moist and delicious. These are a "drug" for me. I can not eat just one. If I have a dozen in front of me, I will eat one after another until the dozen is finished. Then I would go back and buy another dozen. At WW we call these (for me) a red light food. Somehow my "want power" was so strong yesterday that I did not eat any. I knew that if I took even a bite, I would be in a grave situation. I knew that I was one day from weigh in and I did not want to blow all the good choices I made all week for a dozen or two donuts.

I have the same problem with cigarettes. I quit smoking about 10 years ago after having quit many times. The reason why I haven't smoked in 10 years is because I know, with out a doubt, that if I even take one drag from a cigarette, I would be back to smoking two packs a day within 24 hours.

So my response to these delicious apple cider donuts is simple:

No no no I can't eat it no more
I can't zip my jeans any more
No thank you please they only make me wheeze
And then I can't fit my butt through the door

Stay tuned - I will definitely shoot my own video doing my version of this song!

2 comments:

  1. I love the entry - but it was really fun reading it with the song playing in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noreen from You Bring Me JoySeptember 21, 2010 at 8:52 AM

    WOW Christina sounds like you are "in the zone".... KEEP THAT PRIZE front and center. Sounds like you have your priorities straight. YOU are worth it!!!!! Love this post....so rich with meaning and entertainment. I am rooting for you. Big BRAVO for Sunday

    ReplyDelete