Saturday, September 25, 2010

Burgers, Block Parties and Street Fairs

Here it is the weekend again. This past week was hectic to say the least. Although the kids are back in school full time, there are so many meetings and “back to school” events that the days just rush by. I was so busy this week that some days, I didn’t have time to eat. I would grab a yogurt or a banana on the run and come home ravenous which, is not good. Luckily I was able to maintain some control.


Friday night we went out to dinner at a local bar and grill. The best thing to order at a bar and grill is a burger with fries and a nice cold beer (it was very warm last night). I knew that eating that would really put back on whatever I lost for the week. I only had two more days until weigh in, which is the reason why I weigh in on Mondays (it keeps me honest over the weekend). I reasoned with myself that I could always come back on Monday or Tuesday night and have the burger. I would still have time to make up for it before the next weigh in. So, I ordered a Cobb Salad which, isn’t exactly low in points. However, since I had a crazy day, I didn’t eat very much and I had a lot of points left to consume.


Now it is Saturday. There was a big street fair on Jericho Turnpike. I love street fairs. But here I am again faced with things like Zeppolies and “Fried Oreos”. I’ve never even seen a fried oreo before but everyone was telling me how good they were. I took one look at how they were cooked and how they looked and truthfully, the roasted corn and meat on a stick looked so much better.


pastedGraphic.pdf pastedGraphic_1.pdf


I also knew that, although the fried oreo may have tasted good at first, I certainly wasn’t going to be feeling very well after I ate it, physically and mentally. The corn and the chicken were delicious and I felt great after I ate them.


pastedGraphic.pdf pastedGraphic_1.pdf


I’m faced with one more challenge, the block party! I’m coming prepared with a Weight Watchers Bundt cake and I’ve make a WW Apple Struesal for when we get home just in case I have an urge for more sweets. I am also going into a “safe zone” because my girlfriend is WW savy and she knows I’m back on track. So I feel pretty confident! Wish me luck . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment