Friday, October 9, 2009

There is more to life than just "Eye-Candy"

I was at the gym several times this week. On Wednesday I took a spin class with an instructor who I shall name Ms. S. There is no eye candy here. Ms. S is a good instructor but to tell you the truth, she hasn't always gotten me very excited. What I have always found so odd is that she has a big following. People really swore by her. They talk of her inspiring words or her excitement for spinning. I always thought she talked too much in class and she was too intrusive. She would not allow me to get into my own head and "enjoy the ride".

This time it was different. Ms. S always starts her classes with a quote. Wednesday's quote was from Ralph Waldo Emerson:

"What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. And when we bring what is within out into the world, miracles happen"

Those are some powerful words. As I began my ride, I thought about those words and where I was in my own personal journey.

Thursday I took a Yoga class with Ms. P. I really enjoy her classes - so does everyone else! Her class was packed! I was stiff and sore from working out regularly this week. I was nervous that I couldn't keep up.

Yoga is about the body, mind and spirit. A lot of Yoga is about acceptance. Accepting others and accepting yourself. Friday I took another Yoga class with Ms. K. This was a more intimate class and very powerful. I've never taken a class with Ms. K before and I didn't know what to expect. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep up. Of course, Yoga is about acceptance and peace.

"What lies before us and what lies behind us are small matters compared to what lies within us. And when we bring what is within out into the world, miracles happen".

I did just fine in all of my classes this week. I kept up very well and if it didn't feel right, I backed off and modified the pose. I accepted who I am and where I am in my journey. This doesn't mean that I don't want to change. On the contrary - I am changing and evolving, right now and every day. However, this time I am doing it with acceptance.

Breath in . . . radiance . . . . . . . . . . breath out . . . confidence . . . Namaste

1 comment:

  1. You sound like you're in a great place....which in turn means you're on the road to success. I see it. I feel it. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete