Monday, October 12, 2009

Oh No! TRAFFIC

Have you ever found yourself driving back home on a Sunday afternoon after visiting some relatives in New Jersey or Westchester or Long Island (if you don't live on LI)? Maybe you were driving back from a long weekend upstate or on the Jersey Shore? Much to your disbelief there is no traffic. It is amazing. Then it happens. Before you can stop him or her, your spouse says "Wow, look honey, no traffic". You know what happens next! BOOM Thousands of Bright Red Taillights - TRAFFIC.

Yup! We have all been there. We thought we were going to get home at a reasonable hour. We thought it was going so well. Then, as if Someone heard us - BAM!

That is what happened to me today. I woke up in the middle of the night - HUNGRY! My stomach was growling and I couldn't go back to sleep. Finally, I got up and had a yogurt. My stomach settled down and I did some laundry. Then, within an hour, I was hungry AGAIN! What was happening??? I made myself some breakfast, an egg white omelet with veggies and an english muffin (high grain) with low fat cheese. Of course, immediately after I ate I was satisfied. But then it happened again - about an hour later I was hungry - again.

WHOA . . . . What was happening??? This is how I spent my day. I would eat something that normally would have satisfied me and then after about an hour I was hungry again. Finally we ordered from one of my favorite places for dinner - La Bottega. I ordered my favorite salad with grilled chicken and this time I ate the bread! I finished off the day with my favorite dessert - apple struesal - and a piece of my Chili Chocolate. Finally I was satisfied (ok - I will admit it - I was full) I ate more than my allotted points today but not by that much. All I can think is that my body just needed the fuel. I worked out a lot this week. I went to the gym or played tennis 6 out of 7 days and I was very careful about everything I ate. I wasn't bored (we were out all day), I wasn't sad or angry or tired. I was just hungry.

I just hope I can keep the little "bugger" in check tomorrow! Now I am off to sleep - I can't eat when I am sleeping . . . . . WISH ME LUCK!

2 comments:

  1. Miss your blogs this week- what happened, writers block???

    ReplyDelete
  2. No - Just too busy with life!!!! I'm back . . . keep reading!

    ReplyDelete