Thursday, November 19, 2009

I think I have ADD!

I am not poking fun at anyone who actually has Attention Deficit Disorder but, I rarely do one thing at a time. To make myself feel better I call it "Multi-tasking". What it really is, is "cramming too much in too little time".

I guess this goes back to my blog about slowing down. It is also about living in the present and focusing on what I am doing instead of doing what I am doing and focusing on what I have to do next. Do you know where I am going with this??? Since reading this new book, I realize that I never just eat. I am always doing something else besides eating. Some examples are, watching the news, making lunches for my kids, driving to tennis, answering email, surfing the web, writing a blog or even just staring out the window. This past week I've been thinking a lot about how I approach my life. So often, I am not in the moment at all! And the funny thing is - I'm trying to be.

So my goal this week is to truly live in the moment. Do one thing at a time instead of 2 or 3 (how many times have you been on the phone, with the TV on, answering your e-mail??).

Here is a quote I heard today . . . and it is a good one!

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure." Colin Powell

and if that one isn't good enough here is another one

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."
Colin Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment