Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stop the Wheel - I want to get off!

Do you ever feel like the hamster on that squeaky wheel?? Running running running but going nowhere . . . fast??



It is October 7. Our schedules are set for this school year and although I only have two children, I feel like I’ve totally over booked us. I keep on buying healthy food that I intend to cook for dinner but then I forget that we are always on the run so dinner never gets made and all of that healthy food goes to waste (really a shame). Not that I am not eating healthy but I am doing a lot of take-out. I think I need a reality check!


What is a girl to do when life gets so hectic? A WW leader I once had used to wear a pair of baby sneakers around her neck. The message was simple; Baby Steps. I need to match my actions with my reality. This doesn’t mean I need to abandon my healthy living commitment. I just need to find different ways to accomplish this very important task. Baby Steps. Some things are not to be passed up - like exercise. Other things can be passed up. It is a question of prioritizing my life and doing what I need to do to feel better on the inside and the outside. Baby Steps.


By the way - I lost 0.2 pounds this week. I had a little indiscretion over the weekend - specifically Saturday. My husband and I took the kids to his old alma mater - Rutgers - for Homecoming. Well take it from me - don’t drink beer on an empty stomach (yes we tailgated) because eventually you get really hungry and those hot dogs (pretzels, popcorn, etc.) all become much to appealing! Hopefully I’ll make up for it this week . . . . stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment